Monday, September 29, 2014

Victory

America beats Germany 3 to 1 in the Finals!! And the crowd goes wild!! Woooooott!! Haha as you can see we had a great game of soccer on Wednesday. It was so wonderful being on a big soccer field again. Normally when we play we´re just on the small little fields that they have all over Germany. Since we had enough people for a full on game it made things a lot more fun and interesting. I ended up scoring all three of our goals. One of them was on a header as well so I was pretty pumped about that. It was a solid game though. I love playing with Germans because most of them are really quite good and so it allows you to actually get a lot better, which I really enjoy. Other than that proselyting has been going really well out here in the Good old town of Karlsruhe. I really absolutely love it out here. The people are great! The work is great! The town is beautiful and it really is just such a blast! We ended up running into a couple of our investigators this week and it ends up the reason why we haven´t been able to make contact is because one was in the hospital and the other was on the other side of Germany. So hopefully we will be able to figure things out with all of that stuff. We had a ton of really cool experiences this week (again) but I wanted to share a really small miracle that we saw that really increased my faith. It was about 9:45 at night and we were on our way home from an appointment. As we were on the train we were talking and Elder Sollis did the exact same thing that I did so long ago. He pulled out a Book of Mormon, looked at me, and said, "Elder, I need to give this out." So we decided to get off a stop early and started walking towards home. Elder Sollis was pretty dismayed when there was literally no one outside on the street, platform, or sidewalk. I then turned to him and asked him if he had faith that the Lord could help us give out that book. He said yes. So, I said a prayer. I started off by letting him know we were willing to do what it took to find someone, that we would talk with anyone and everyone (if anyone came) and then I asked that he would bless us with the spirit so that we would be able to talk with them clearly and that we would be able to share the message that person needed to hear. I then ended the prayer and we continued walking. A car pulls up and a man hops out, we start speed walking towards him...he takes off across the street XD we should have chased him lol but we decided that would probably not make him overly comfortable to hear our message....so we kept walking. Then at the stoplight before we reach our house a man walks out between two buildings...this time we chased him. The light turned red so we caught him there and to make the long story short. He accepted the Book of Mormon and a card. He will try and visit our church when he can but he doesn´t have a phone. So hopefully he actually comes. I really was grateful though to see that the Lord really does answer our prayers. We just need to go out and do and he will help us as we direct ourselves. It has been really wonderful being out here serving the Lord. It has become such a blast! Elder Sollis works hard and he makes it so much easier to just get moving sometimes. Once you get moving it´s hard to stop. I´m so grateful to be here and I love you all! I hope that you have a wonderful week!
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment