Monday, November 10, 2014

More Bible Bashing...

Well, a part of me wants to applaud my companionship this week the other wants to smack myself for having done it. If you can´t tell from the title we had a pretty solid Bible Bash with one of our investigators this week. He hasn´t really been progressing at all and so we thought we´d address his questions as best as we could....Somehow in the middle of it all things went crazy and Elder Sollis and Erick just went at it. Erick was pumped about the fact that Elder Sollis was speaking so much in German but I guess the fact that Elder Sollis was calling him out on just about everything hit a little bit of a nerve. Seeing as we are a companionship I decided to join in. Since I am able to understand a lot more and have been memorizing a ton of scripture we basically proved Erick wrong in every single thing he said. At the time I was really pleased with it and I thought that we were being really successful, but then I realized something very wrong about the whole situation. There was a point when I realized a very specific thing that was missing in the entire thing and it actually shut my mouth pretty quickly when I did. The lack of the spirit was a lot more palpable than it ever has been, and then the Lord showed me something quite miraculous. Something really quite small, but so huge to me. I heard the tiniest sound in the background, the window was open and so it allowed us to hear what was going on outside. Someone was playing on their recorder. It was the Christmas song that is always played when you see Baby Jesus in the cradle. I then realized something very important, I wasn´t inviting Erick to come unto Christ, I was bashing with him about his faith in him. Even if I found it False, what a blessing it is to know that at least he was there. It didn´t help me with the lesson at all really. I think it just helped me remember why I was there. Something I have forgotten every once in a while. You get into the grind of things and stuff just becomes, well, normal. I think I really needed that reminder. As we returned home I was able to read a little bit from something M. Russel Ballard had written and it really affected me on how my relationship with Christ was becoming. You see so many amazing and crazy things and then somehow you look back and just feel like you´re going through the motions. We have become a little busier and I was forgetting to take time out to continue to develop my relationship with Christ. I found it super interesting. I have dedicated two years to learning more about him and also to teach others about him and still, somehow I got a little bit off track. I can´t imagine that it is any easier back home. I really want to stress how important it is for each and every one of us to remember him each and every day of our lives. Somehow the miracle that he brought about can be forgotten so quickly if we don´t remind ourselves of it always. The people in the Book of Mormon are perfect examples of just that same principle. They say incredible miracles over and over and over again and somehow they forgot those truths that they once held so dear. Halloween is over, sadly. (We thought we would dress up as Jehovah´s Witnesses...but somehow everyone mistakes us for them anyways so we just went out in our normal clothes. haha) Christmas is coming closer and so is Thanksgiving. I think that both holidays play a huge role in giving us an opportunity to be better people than we normally are. They also give us an opportunity to think on Christ and all that he has done for us. I would invite all of you to think about Christ more than you ever have before during this season. You can´t imagine the kind of change it will bring about when you do. I  can promise that. I have seen it as I have refocused on the important things in life. Thanks for all that you guys do and for all the help and the support that you have given me. I love you all and I hope that things only get better as we go along. I am excited for these next couple of months!! A time where everyone can focus a little bit more on others and not themselves. Gott sei mit euch bis aufwiedersehn. 
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment