Monday, December 1, 2014

Miracles

Definitely a week of miracles it seems, I guess I can say pretty much my whole mission has been one, but I would definitely say this was one of the more special ones. At the beginning of this last transfer our Zone Leader received revelation that our companionship would have the opportunity to have a baptism this transfer if we wanted it. You can imagine, Elder Sollis and I immediately committed one with another to do everything we could to make that happen. 3 weeks in to the transfer nothing had happened with any of our investigators. Our main guy that we were pushing for accepted the invitation to baptism, again, but he doesn´t know when he will be baptized. I have to be honest, sometimes you lose a little bit of hope when everything seems to be going wrong even when you think it should be going right. "Don´t receive a witness until after the trial of your faith" comes to mind. Then the Lord decided to send us a gift...to be honest, probably one we weren´t worthy of. Enter in Adeola. She is an older mother with 5 children. From Nigeria, moved to Italy, and was then sent here. She´s got a really bright smile and loves to say "amen" when we pray hahaha.
We met her three weeks ago at our stake conference. One of the members in our ward, Sister Schuster, was the one to introduce us. We gave her a blessing the next week in church met with her the next Wednesday for our first lesson. She accepted everything, including our soft baptismal commitment. Last Sunday we had our next lesson and committed her to be baptized for the 30th of November. We had one week to watch the miracle of revelation from God happen. Daily contact, wonderful members, and hard work became everything to us for this last week. She accepted everything, it was incredible. We ended up sharing with her in one of our last lessons, "Share the Gift." The program the church is putting on this winter season.
The next day we met, she had shared it with all of her friends on facebook, talked with her roommate about it, and invited her to come to church. Come Saturday we meet with our Mission President and he approves her, saying that she is an incredible woman and a pioneer for her family. Sunday rolls around and Elder Sollis and I got to have the wonderful opportunity to help this wonderful woman partake of the blessings this church can provide. Adeola Alabi is a new member of our church and I am so excited for her. It´s something else getting to see the happiness that this Gospel brings to those who want it. The light in her eyes at knowing the truth really testified to me that me being here is the right thing. We will be meeting with her friend this week and we´re hoping that we can have similar success with her as well. I can´t really say how blessed I feel right now. I have never met or seen someone that had been so prepared before. It really has been something spectacular and I still can´t get over it. I really hope I never do, because it has been a true and wonderful miracle. Great thing about miracles is when you look for them, you find more of them. The Lord truly blesses his children and when we make our account to him I hope that I can feel the peace in my soul that I was able to help another person come closer to him. There is so much more work to do and I am so excited to see how things go. A great way to start off my second year I say. Hopefully things continue to go well! Thanks for everything guys! I love you all!!

Tschüss!
Elder Lee

Here are a couple pictures of the Baptism and then some other old random ones 

No comments:

Post a Comment